No Products in the Cart
15 Best Ways to Say "Thank You for Being You"
15 Best Ways to Say "Thank You for Being You"
Many of us tend to take our friends and family for granted, but the wise ones don't forget to tell them how grateful they are for having them in their lives. This is why it is essential that we know the best ways to thank them for all that they do. The following list provides 15 of the most appreciated phrases that you can use to express your gratitude. Use these phrases, and your recipient is sure to accept gratefully your sentiments.
Why Do We Thank Our Friends?
Friends play an integral role in our lives. They are the ones who lend us their shoulders to cry on, they're always there if we need them, and they treat us just like family members would. There is no doubt that friends are one of the most important people in our lives because if it weren't for them, life would be very lonely.
Since friends are so special to us, why not express how grateful we can be by finding out some of the best ways to say "thank you" to them? Good manners dictate that saying thank you goes a long way as far as relationships go. Whether your friend lent you a helping hand or took time off from his busy schedule to accompany you to a function or simply made sure that you were feeling happy, all of these deserve a "thank you" or two.
SEE ALSO: 7 Thank You Letter Closings
Why Gratitude Is so Important
Gratitude is important both for the person sharing it, and the person being thanked. . It strengthens relationships. Showering friends with gratitude lets them know how much you appreciate their friendship and all they do for you. It’s also a way of returning the kindness and thoughtfulness they share with you.
Saying "thank you" is a sign of good manners, but it’s also so much more than that. It’s a way of showing your appreciation for the things friends do to make your life happier and easier. By saying "thank you," you let your friends know that their efforts are not taken for granted and that you truly value their friendship. In today’s fast-paced world, it’s all too easy to take the people closest to us for granted. We get busy with work, raising our families, and taking care of our homes, and before we know it, months have gone by without letting the people who matter most to us know how much we appreciate them.
Sharing gratitude with friends – and even acquaintances – makes social interactions more positive. The act of saying thank you also promotes a sense of connectedness and belonging, which helps build friendships and other social ties. This is true for individuals as well as thanks from a team.
It’s also good for your health. Gratitude has been linked with lower blood pressure, better heart health, and improved immune function. It can even help reduce stress and anxiety. That's simply because maintaining a more positive outlook precipitates positive changes in the body. Saying "thank you" is good for your mental and physical health, and it’s also good for your social life. So next time a friend does something special for you, don’t forget to let him or her know.
Whether you're sending a thank you card, a going away card for coworker, or a farewell message to great leaders in your life, let them know how much you appreciate them.
15 Best Ways to Say "Thank You for Being You"
Showing gratitude doesn't have to be difficult. You'll find ordinary opportunities frequently if you look. Try these messages to send the highest appreciation possible, and change ordinary opportunities into extraordinary ones. It's just one of the powerful things humans can do when we put our minds to it.
15 Sentiments for Every Purpose
1) I just wanted to let you know how much I value your friendship and how much you mean to me. I always know I can count on you because you encourage me and build me up. You can't know just how much your support means to me.
2) Our friendship means so much to me, and I hope it's something we never lose. You give so much of yourself and don't expect anything in return. I'm forever indebted to you.
3) People come into our lives for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. You are a true friend who has made an impact on my life that will last forever. Thank you for being a fantastic friend!
4) I'm truly blessed to have a good friend like you, who is always there for me and never judges or pressures me. You are definitely one of the best people I know.
5) Just wanted to let you know that no matter what happens, our friendship will last forever. That's why I wanted to thank you for being a friend and a part of my life.
6) Your friendship is the best gift I have ever received. Thank you so much for always being there for me! I can show only the deepest gratitude for your friendship.
7) Thank you for your love and support throughout this year. You helped me through some tough times, and I'm grateful for your friendship. You know I've never been good at expressing gratitude, but in this case it's so very warranted.
8) You are one of the best friends that anyone could ask for, always there to listen or give sound advice. Thank you for being my friend! You do the hard work so I don't have to!
9) I don't know where I would be without you in my life. You help me grow on a daily basis, support me no matter what and keep me sane. Thank you for everything!
10) I just wanted to thank you for all of your support over the years. You are one of the best friends anyone could ask for, and it's always nice knowing that I can come to you with anything.
11) The way we support each other is truly a gift that I am grateful for every day. You are one of my favorite people, and I know we will be friends -- no matter what!
12) Knowing you has been a gift to my life, especially during some tough times. I feel so blessed to have someone as caring as you in my life. Thank you for being there for me.
13) You are a true friend, and I know that no matter what happens, our friendship will last forever. Thank you for always being there for me!
14) It's so hard to find a real friend in this world — but you have been the best. There is nothing better than having a good friend to talk to, someone who always knows what to say.
15) I'm so glad you are in my life because you make every day better! Thank you for your support and friendship. It means more than you will ever know.
Should a Thank You Note Be Handwritten?
15 More Ways Express Gratitude to Your Loved Ones
Sometimes it's difficult to know what to say when our emotions overwhelm us. It's a very unusual sensation, and it can get the better of some people. If you find it difficult to utter words of thanks, fear not. To help, we're including 15 more ways to say "thank you for being you." Turn routine jobs into exciting communications!
15 Great Sentiments to Use Today
16) Thank you for being the light in my life when things are dark. You know me better than anyone, so it could only be you that helps guide my way. Thanks for being you.
17) Thank you for being my favorite family member and my shoulder to cry on. You always know the right things to say. You're the best friend I've ever had. Thank you.
18) Thank you for always being there for me, no matter what. You're a friend in the truest, most authentic sense of the word. Thanks for being as awesome as you are.
19) Thank you for your kindness and compassion. You have a way of improving everything around you, and my life is no exception. Thanks for bringing everything that's you to everything that's me.
20) Thank you for being understanding and patient. It takes a kind heart to shoulder the world's burdens, but that's you. It's always been you. Thanks for putting in the effort.
21) Thank you for your support and encouragement. You're always in my corner, no matter what. I couldn't ask for anything more from a friend.
22) Thank you for being a great listener. You know how to lend an ear and just be there, no matter what I need. It's a strength very few people have, but you do. Thanks for being that person.
23) Thank you for your enthusiasm and excitement. You bring joy to every situation, and I'm grateful to call you my friend. Thanks for everything that makes you, you.
24) Thank you for being a part of my life. It's better because you're in it, and I can't imagine it any other way. Thanks for being you.
25) Thank you for being my friend. I cherish your friendship more than anything in the world, and I'll always be grateful to have you in my life. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.
26) Thank you for everything, my friend. You mean the world to me. Thank you for being the best friend anyone could ask for! You've been there for me through thick and thin, and I know our friendship will last forever. And that's entirely because you are you!
27) I don't know what I would do without you, my friend. You've helped me through some tough times, and I'm grateful to have you in my life. Thanks for being the amazing person that you are!
28) It's so hard to find a real friend in this world — but you have been the best. There is nothing better than having a good friend to talk to, someone who always knows what to say. You've been that friend to me, and I can't thank you enough. Thanks for being the great friend that you are!
29) You're my sunshine on a cloudy day. You make me laugh when I want to cry. You're the shoulder I lean on when I need support. You're my best friend, and I love you for being exactly who you are.
30) You brighten up every room you walk into, and I'm so grateful to call you my friend. Thanks for being the amazing person that you are!
31) I'm so happy to have you in my life. You're the best boss I've ever had. I wanted to send this farewell note even though I never send goodbye cards for coworkers. Great working with you these past few years and good luck with all your future endeavors!
32) You've started a new job! That's so exciting! Thank you for being the kind of person that can start a new position and pretend like it's not a big deal. It is! Congratulations!
5 Ways To Make Your Letter Even Better
While knowing how to say "Thank you for being you" is essential, there are many ways that you can make your letter stand out even more! If you're looking for some ways to stand out, you'll want to follow these five tips!
Tell An Inside Joke
Everyone loves an inside joke! If you and your friend share a special moment together, feel free to include it in your letter. It could be something simple like saying, "Remember the time when we were at the movies, and you laughed so hard that soda came out of your nose!" Remember to consider the relationship with this person. For example, if this is a business relationship, you'll want to use jokes a little differently.
How Do You Start A Late Thank You Note?
Pictures are a great way to help your friend understand how meaningful your friendship is. So, if you can, try and find some pictures of the two of you hanging out or having fun. A picture truly is a thousand words!
Vary Your Acronyms
Many people don't know the meaning of some acronyms, especially if they are used frequently. To avoid this struggle, try and change up your acronym every once in a while. For example, you could say, "I'm so glad to have you in my life," instead of the more common "IMYSM."
If your letter is to be sincere, you'll want to make sure that it is as perfect as possible. Always proofread your letter before sending it out to avoid any shame or embarrassment. Also, be sure to check for any spelling or grammar mistakes before sharing!
5 Sample Sympathy Thank You Notes
Handwrite Your Letter
While you might be tempted to type up your letter, we suggest writing it by hand. This will show that you genuinely value the time and effort put into this letter and that nothing is more important than a handwritten message.
If you want our robots to take the pressure of writing handwritten cards away for you, contact us at Simply Noted. We've built arguably the most advanced automated handwritten card service available. Using real ballpoint pens driven by AI-powered smart fonts, your recipients won't be able to tell your cards weren't written by a human hand.
8 Donation Thank You Letter Ideas
Let Them Know They’re the Best
Sending a heartfelt "thank you for being you" letter is genuinely one of the best ways to show how much someone means to you. Don't be afraid to let your feelings out and express yourself in a way that will genuinely touch this person's heart.
Type in words or a phrase to use our AI Assistant to
help generate a great message.