No Products in the Cart
21 Thank You Note Messages For Your Boss
How to Say You're Forever Grateful for Having Such a Great Boss
A job is a job, sure. But a good job is so much more. It’s a chance to build your career, interact with interesting people, and create a nest egg for your family. You also get the chance to learn from more experienced people. If you’re lucky enough to have a supportive boss that’s interested in helping you get the most from your employment experience, all the better!
When you find a boss that works to better their staff, fights for them when needed, and offers the acknowledgment they deserve, you should take the time to let them know what their efforts mean to you with an appreciation message. Whether it's a "thank you note to your boss when leaving a job" situation or you simply want to let your current direct report know what a fantastic boss they are, it's important to get the wording right.
But what should you say is appreciation messages to your boss? Is a simple “thank you” enough, or should you try a bit harder? Only you know what you want to say. Read on for some starter messages for thanking your boss for support. They will help guide your thoughts by giving you a few ideas to create your own sentiments. Thank you messages for your boss don’t need to be complicated. You just need a strong beginning. Messages for boss figures in your life are easier than you think.
And make sure you send your thank you letter quickly . Waiting too long can mute the message. If you have to, tape a " send appreciation letter to boss" reminder on your computer.
21 THANK YOU LETTER MESSAGES FOR YOUR BOSS THEY’LL LOVE
1) Thanks very much for allowing me the opportunity to work on the Davidson account. It means a lot that you believe in me enough to assign me such an important project. I promise I’ll do my best to earn the trust you’ve shown me. You're an amazing boss, and I thank you for it.
2) I appreciate all of the extra time you’ve given me in recent months. I’d been struggling to understand [problem here], and you really helped me wrap my head around the solution. You only get so many chances in your professional life to feel confident in what you do, and you work hard to make those moments happen. Thank you!
3) Thank you so much for stepping in while I was out sick. You're such an amazing boss. I was nervous my responsibilities would be missed, but you made sure that the rest of the team was up to speed and ready to take over.
4) Thanks for being so understanding about my absences lately. I’ve been working hard to resolve the root problem and will soon be able to resume my regular work schedule. Thanks for being there when I needed you!
5) It’s great working for a boss that understands the need for work/life balance. With my kids engaged in distance learning, it’s helpful to be able to work from home three days a week, and you made that happen. You're a great manager that makes our office a good and enjoyable place to work. Thanks!
6) Thank you so much for being so willing to share your skills and insights with the rest of the team and me. It's quite a privilege to work for such an accomplished person, and doubly so since you're willing to share!
7) I wanted to acknowledge the impact you've made on my career. You've been a wonderful friend, colleague, and mentor, and I've learned more working under you than at any other time in my career. You're the best boss I've ever had. Thank goodness that hiring manager saw my potential. You've shared all the knowledge you've accumulated over the years with me, and I can't tell you how much it will help my future endeavors. God bless all the support you've given me!
8) I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for supporting my recent promotion. I’ve been working hard over the last few years to prove I was worthy, and it feels great to be recognized for that by you and the rest of management. Thank you for all your encouragement!
9) Thanks for helping me get clarity on where I needed to concentrate my efforts for career advancement. Before our conversation, I felt a bit aimless, but now I know what I need to do to move up. Cheers!
10) I appreciate your kind words earlier. I was nervous about putting in my notice, but your understanding made it considerably easier. I should have expected that from a great leader like you. Your leadership skills are second to none, and your management style makes everyone better. I love that you just want your employees to be happy, even if that means leaving for other opportunities.
11) I was saddened to learn you were leaving the company but it certainly was an excellent job offer. Your insightful leadership has been instrumental in my professional development, and your constant encouragement will be missed. Your new company is going to be lucky to have you. We wish you a hefty job title.
How to Write Professional Thank You Messages for Different Audiences
12) After a string of bosses that didn’t concern themselves with their employee’s development, you’ve been a breath of fresh air. You work each day to help us improve, and we’re all the better for it. Thanks for being you!
13) Thank you for remembering my 10th anniversary. This is the longest and best job I’ve ever had, and the fact that you remembered demonstrates your leadership strengths. I appreciate that you're such a supportive boss.
14) My dear boss. I wanted to thank you for sponsoring me last week at the [industry event]. I can’t tell you how much I learned and how many new contacts I made. I think we’ll all be enjoying the fruits of your decision for a long time.
15) Thanks so much for introducing me to your extended network. I know you’re selective with who you allow into your inner circle, and it means a lot to be selected. I really respect your leadership style, and I’m excited to make you proud.
The Complete Guide to Building Relationships with Employees
16) Let’s be honest. Our jobs are a bit dull. But with you at the helm, work itself never is! You pour yourself into building your people up and getting them excited to come to work. The fact that we’re all so happy to be here is a testament to your leadership abilities. My professional career has only blossomed since coming here. Thank you!
17) Thank you for boosting our department during the recent company meeting. The work we do often goes unappreciated, so it meant a lot to have you champion our cause in front of upper management. If there were a national boss day, I'd elect you king. You're such a good example for the rest of us. You’re the best!
18) I’ve worked for people that motivated their staff using punishment and fear — not a fun or efficient work environment. You’re the complete opposite. I appreciate how you use encouragement and friendly competition to drive stellar results from our team.
19) I read your comments on my promotion application and I wanted to say I really appreciated how you built me up without overselling me. You sold all my skills masterfully without sounding like a braggart. Your words were kind, authentic, and most importantly, positive! Thanks for your help.
20) I’m not sure you’re told this often enough, but you’re a wonderful boss! I truly appreciate how you support your staff and encourage our development, even if that means hearing some hard truths.
21) I really appreciate how you never ask your staff to do anything you aren’t willing to do yourself. It demonstrates real leadership and a peerless commitment to the betterment of your team and the company. Thank you for being you!
HOW TO MAKE YOUR THANK YOU NOTE MESSAGES EVEN BETTER
You know what to say. Now make sending handwritten thank you notes easier on yourself with Simply Noted. You can quickly send authentic handwritten notes in seconds with our automated handwriting machines. Just choose a card design, upload your message and your recipient’s address, and they’ll receive a convincing handwritten thank you note in the mail. It’s that easy to send your boss the appreciation message they deserve! And don't forget a quality thank you letter ending!
Type in words or a phrase to use our AI Assistant to
help generate a great message.