No Products in the Cart
15 Best Ways to Say "Thank You for Being a Friend"
Having great friends is one of the many joys in life. Your friends are always there for you, from listening to your rants, giving you advice, having fun times together to being there when times get tough or when life gets messy. If you have a few friends that fill this role in your life, you might have considered sending them a message to let them know how much they mean to you.
However, finding the right words to say can feel tricky. How do you explain your emotions on paper? How do you let someone know how much you care about them? In this article, we'll cover the 15 best ways to say "Thank You For Being A Friend."
SEE ALSO: National Send a Card to a Friend Day
Why Should I Tell My Friend I'm Thankful For Our Friendship?
Saying thank you to your friends is one of the nicest things that you can do. It shows them how much they mean to you and tells them what their friendship means to you.
There are no rules when it comes to telling your friend just how grateful you are for having them in your life. Still, there are some great times throughout the year when sending a card, letter, e-mail, or even Facebook message could be appropriate, such as birthdays, holidays, anniversaries, graduations, promotions, or weddings. However, you aren't limited to special days. You can tell them any day of the year!
Best Surprise Birthday Ideas for Friends
15 Ways To Tell Your Friend "Thank You"
1) I'm so thankful for this friendship. There's nothing more in the world that I appreciate than you being here for me through all the ups and downs in life.
2) You have always been there for me unconditionally. You are the one that I can go to when everything else seems hard or impossible in my life. Thank you for being here, friend!
3) Thanks so much for always being around. I'm so lucky to have a friend who knows what I'm thinking without having to say a single word. I'm thankful to have you as a friend in my life!
4) Thanks for all of the laughs, advice, and memories throughout time. You are indeed a fantastic friend in my life who brings me happiness when I'm down.
5) I'm so thankful to have you as a friend and confidant in my life! Throughout our friendship, you've provided me with so many unforgettable memories. Thanks for always being here for me!
6) I always hoped to have a friend like you. I'm so thankful that you are in my life, and I appreciate all of our time together.
7) True friends are there through the ups and downs, supporting each other through hard times and good times. Having you as my friend is one of the best things that could ever happen to me. You're genuinely one of the best friends I've ever had!
8) You are a wonderful person and friend. I'm so thankful to have you in my life!
9) You deserve all of the happiness in the world. Thanks for being such a fantastic friend to me!
10) I am truly blessed that we get to be friends. You're one-of-a-kind, and I appreciate everything about you. Thank you.
11) Whenever life gets hard, and I don't know where to turn, I feel so thankful that I always have your shoulder to lean on. I couldn't ask for a better friendship than yours. Thanks for all that you do!
12) In case I haven't mentioned how important you are to me lately, my life would not be as great without your support and love lifting me up. Thanks for always being a friend.
13) I appreciate you always speaking your truth and telling me things I don't want to hear but need to hear. You're a great friend, and I am thankful for your friendship.
14) You are the very best friend that I could ever ask for. You mean so much to me, even though I might not tell you every day. I love you, friend!
15) You have been a great friend to me, and I appreciate you more than anything. I know it's hard to communicate instead of holding things in, but I'm thankful that you're always willing to tell me the truth. Forever grateful for your friendship!
Three Ways To Make Your Note Stand Out
Before choosing what you want to say, you might want to consider how to make your not a little extra special for your friend. Here are three ways to make your note stand out.
Send A Handwritten Note
One way to personalize your "Thank for you being a friend" card is to simply write it out. An e-mail or text can feel impersonal, but a handwritten card can help you stand out from the rest. If you're looking for a company that can help send handwritten letters, turn to Simply Noted.
We can automate all of your handwritten communications. Our handwriting robots are unparalleled in their ability to produce convincing penmanship. If you send a lot of handwritten cards, and you should, we can help.
35 Ways to End a Friendly Letter
Attach A Thoughtful Gift
Another way to make your thank you card stand out is by attaching it to a thoughtful gift. You can get creative and send your friend their favorite candy, a bouquet, a care package, or even a gift card to their go-to dining establishment. While it doesn't have to be huge, these thoughtful little gestures can make your friend feel super special!
Speak From The Heart
A third way to make your thank you card special is by speaking from the heart. No matter what, it's always best to say something that comes directly from how you feel instead of reading a generic template or phrase online. Let them know why they are important and memorable in your life!
Tell Them You Love Them, But They Probably Already Know
If you want to tell your friend that you care, send them a thank you card! We hope that this blog post has helped inspire your next note, and we wish you the best of luck in writing it.