No Products in the Cart
Moving Change of Address Cards and Message Templates
If you’re an adult, there’s a very good chance that you’ve moved homes at least once in your life. The reasons people choose new horizons are a varied as the people themselves — marriage, job opportunities, school, and upgrading your living space are the most common reasons for finding a new place to live.
Whatever your situation, moving means that everyone you know won’t be able to find you. Moving change of address cards exist to help smooth this transition. They spread the word of your move and distribute your new address to everyone you feel needs it.
If you recently moved and you’re having a difficult time deciding on an appropriate message for your change of address cards, we can help. Below you’ll find several message templates that you can use as they are or adapt them to your purposes.
MOVING CHANGE OF ADDRESS CARD MESSAGE TEMPLATES
In truth, you don’t need anything in a change of address card besides your name and your new address. But spartan content like that will leave your readers feeling they’re on the outside. They won’t have any insight into why you moved, how you feel about the transition, and how things are going so far.
In short, they’ll feel left out in the cold while you stay warm in your new digs. Make sure that doesn’t happen by composing a short message to accompany your address information. At the very least, you should include basic pleasantries. Otherwise, you’re just sharing information and not making an emotional connection with your recipient.
Let’s look at a few ways to share your new status with others.
Fill in the Gaps
People are busy. It’s likely that most of the people you know won’t realize you were planning a move. Use your moving change of address card to fill in the details. Let people know why you moved, how you’re feeling, and the new opportunities that exist because of your change.
- In case you didn’t know, we moved! Leslie got a great job out-of-state, and as much as we loved where we were, it was an opportunity she couldn’t turn down. So now we live in Idaho! Here’s our new address.
- Sometimes you move because you want to, while other times you do it because you have to. With the addition of little Deandre, our two adult, four children family just couldn’t work with three bedrooms anymore. We hope you’ll come visit our new, bigger house where we finally all fit!
- Most of you know that David was recently accepted into a Ph.D. program. You might not realize that he’ll be attending the University of Pennsylvania…and we lived in South Carolina. Not anymore! We just got a new place, and we’ll be moving by the end of the month. Visit us at our new address!
Try a Poetic Turn
Poetry is a great way to share your new address while giving your friends something fun to enjoy. Try these short verses:
- The trucks are gone, our boxes stowed, our move is now complete, except to share our new address so you can find the street!
- It was time for a change, and we needed more space. Now we’re hoping you’ll come to visit and see our new place!
- Big news, our friends, we’ve moved! Our address is new. We’re sharing it here because we really hope to see you!
- We might be hanging our coats beside a new front door, but all of you are still as welcome as you ever were before!
- We’ve moved, and if you look you’ll find our new address below. Please don’t be a stranger. Stop by and say, “hello!”
Use a Dash of Humor
The subject matter of a moving change of address card isn’t particularly weighty, so they’re a perfect opportunity to be funny. Try these lighthearted announcements:
- If you’re seeing this card, it’s because we’ve moved and we want to ensure you’ll know where to find us. All those who didn’t get an announcement won’t know it happened and can’t take it personally!
- There’s only one thing harder than packing up and moving every single thing you know, and that’s making a million dollars in the stock market. Guess which one this card is announcing? We’ll give you a hint; we opted not to upgrade our envelopes.
- They said “Buy a house! Put down roots! You and your kids will blossom where you’re planted!” So we did. And then we did it again. And now we’ve done it a third time. Our roots are getting a little tired of being replanted! Here’s where we’re blossoming now.
- We’ve moved! It’s a chance to start over and design the life we want from the ground up. Except we already had the life we wanted, and you’re an important part of it. Please find our new address on this card so that we can keep most things the way they were, just in a new place!
SEE ALSO: How to Host a Successful Open House
Go the Sentimental Route
Moving can stir up your emotions. Share them with your friends and family as you share your new address.
- A new home is a new beginning, and we can’t wait to share ours with you! You’ll find our new address below. Please use it to find us in the future!
- They say that home is where the heart is, but we don’t think that’s true. Our home is where we live, and it can change. Our heart is with all those that visit it, and that’s forever. We hope you’ll come to visit us in our new place!
- We’ve made so many great memories in our house over the years. Now it’s time to start making new ones, in a new place, but hopefully with all the same people — you! Here’s our new address, so we never lose touch.
SEE ALSO: Handwritten Custom Return Address Labels
MAKE YOUR MOVING CHANGE OF ADDRESS CARDS EASY WITH SIMPLY NOTED
Whether you’re packing in preparation for or unpacking after a move, you don’t have a lot of spare time. As important as change of address cards are, it’s easy to let them fall by the wayside while you get more critical things finished. Let Simply Noted take your card responsibilities off your shoulders.
All you have to do is choose a card design and upload a message and your addresses, and our handwriting robots will take over, creating warm, authentic-feeling change of address cards that are personalized for each recipient.
You’ve got a lot of work ahead of you, turning your new house into a home. Let Simply Noted handle your change of address cards so that you can focus on settling in.