No Products in the Cart
10 Best Farewell Messages for a Coworker or Employee | Templates and Cards
With more than 4.2 million people quitting their job in 2021, you'll likely experience someone in your office leaving for a new job. Taking the time to send a farewell message is a great way to end your working relationship, especially since you might encounter them again in your professional life.
However, it can be challenging to know what to say in your farewell message. Depending on your relationship with your coworker or employee, you might want to say something more casual or formal. You can consider writing a generic farewell message that you use with everyone. Still, there are also messages specifically for coworkers and employees who will be missed that will make a more significant impact. In this article, we'll cover the ten best farewell messages for a coworker or employee.
Why Should I Send A Farewell Message?
Sending a farewell message to your coworker or employee is the perfect way to end your working relationship. It shows that you care about them and appreciate their time at your company, especially since it's possible they might run into each other again in the future.
Though it may seem unnecessary for coworkers or employees who weren't close with one another, sending a farewell message is still a courteous gesture that can leave a positive impression.
SEE ALSO: 15 Ways To Say, "I Appreciate Your Help"
What Should I Include In My Farewell Message?
Your farewell message should be personal and specific to your relationship with your coworker or employee. However, there are some general things you can include in your message:
- Thank them for their time at your company
- Express how much you'll miss them
- Wish them luck in their future endeavors
- Include a fond memory or anecdote about working with them if you want to include something a little more personal
You can also get creative and add unique touches to make your farewell message more memorable. For example, if you're close with a coworker or employee, you could write a letter that's more emotional in nature.
If you're unsure of what to say in your farewell message, our templates and cards can help. In addition, we've created farewell messages specifically for coworkers and employees who will be missed, so you can choose the one that best suits your relationship with them.
When Should I Send A Farewell Card?
Typically, a farewell card is given to your coworker or employee on the last day of work. This usually accompanies a last-day celebration, which might include baked goods or a gathering to celebrate their time with the company. However, if it was an immediate departure or you won't get a chance to see them in person before they leave, you can also send a farewell message after they've left to show how much you and your team care.
10 Best Farewell Messages For A Coworker Or Employee
There are plenty of messages you could write on a goodbye card. You could either bring up a memory, wish them a successful future, or keep it short and simple. Before signing a card for your coworker or employee, you'll want to take a look at our list of the ten best farewell messages to find some inspiration.
1) Thanks for your contribution and time at our company. I wish for nothing but success and fulfillment in your next role. Best of luck!
2) Working with you has been a pleasure. I know the next phase of your life will be full of growth and opportunity. Stay in touch!
3) Your contribution to our company is something that won't go unnoticed. Thank you again for everything! It's sad to see you leave, but I still wish you the best even though we'll be working at different companies.
4) What exciting and new opportunities lie ahead for you! I can't believe that you'll be leaving us so soon, but I know that you have exciting times ahead of you. Good luck, and make sure to keep in touch.
5) Life is about taking chances and seeing what the world has to offer. I wish you all of this in your next role. Thank you again for everything you did for the company and me!
6) I will never forget all of the great memories that we shared together. Your work here made a difference and will be remembered.
7) I'm so thankful for the time we've had together. It has been an honor to work with you. I wish you all the best in your next position!
8) Good luck to my favorite coworker. The only bright side is that maybe I'll finally be able to get some work done now without you to make me laugh all day!
9) Thank you for everything. I will truly miss your presence here. You contributed a lot to our company, and we're going to miss that knowledge!
10) Good luck with future endeavors. Keep in touch if you can!
SEE ALSO: 21 Thank You Note Messages For Your Boss
How Can I Find A Farewell Card?
At Simply Noted, we have cards available for all types of situations and life events. For example, you can find a goodbye card for your coworker or employee and even write your own message inside.
If you're looking for something more personal, our custom greeting cards will be perfect for you. With our online custom card program, you can create a card that's unique to you and your relationship with the coworker or employee by uploading graphics or photos.
Simply Noted has the perfect farewell card for your coworker or employee, so be sure to browse our selection today.
Saying goodbye to a coworker or employee can be challenging, but it can be a lot easier when you find the right message to express yourself. Our templates and cards will help you find the perfect farewell message for your coworker or employee, so they know just how much you'll miss them. So be sure to browse our selection today!