No Products in the Cart
15 Ways To Say, "I Appreciate Your Help"
Most of us are happy to help out a friend in need. We’re a social species that builds societies based on cooperation and shared values. When someone offers help, they rarely expect anything in return. That’s because, on some instinctual level, they know that they’re going to have to ask someone else for help in the future. When they put out the call, they’ll be hoping for other people to be just as ready to help as they were.
SEE ALSO: 15 Ways to Say "We Appreciate You"
It’s a useful social contract — help out others without the need for compensation so that you can get help yourself when you need it. That said, just because the other person isn’t expecting payback doesn’t mean you shouldn’t tell them, “I appreciate your help.” Expressing gratitude helps to strengthen the social contract because it lets the person feel recognized for their contribution. It acknowledges the good they did in your life, makes them feel good, and boosts the odds that they’ll be willing to help out the next person that makes a request.
So how do you say “I appreciate your help”? Below you’ll find 15 practical messages you can play with to create your own gracious sentiments. Once you’ve composed your thoughts, use Simply Noted to set them into a convincing, automated handwritten card. It makes a huge difference in the quality and ease of your communication. Send all the cards you want, and never have to lift a pen. Our handwriting machines will do the work for you!
EXAMPLES OF HOW TO SAY, “I APPRECIATE YOUR HELP”
When in doubt, speak from your heart. If you still have a hard time expressing how you feel, use these examples to get you started.
- Please accept my gratitude for the favor you did yesterday. I know you were busy, yet you still found time to fit me in. You’re a great friend and a fantastic assistant. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.
- I’m capable of many things, but the thing you helped me with yesterday isn’t one of them. I’m pretty sure I could never have gotten it finished without your assistance. Thanks so much for stepping up and helping where you could.
- I was impressed with how quickly you came to my aid yesterday. I had no idea you were so skilled in that area. I was really foundering before you came along. I’m so grateful that you stepped in and made such a difference. Thanks for your help.
- What a pleasure it was to work with you yesterday. You made a difficult problem significantly easier. I know you aren’t expecting it, but please let me know if I can ever return the favor. If not, I’ll be sure to pay it forward!
- I owe you one. You volunteered to help us out when no one else wanted to, and that says an enormous amount about your character. I appreciate everything you did and the time you put in. Thanks for being there for us!
- Some friends will help out from a distance if they can. Others will head your way to help out, as long as it doesn’t inconvenience them too much. And then there are friends like you — people that are happy to drop everything at a moment’s notice and offer whatever help’s needed. I truly appreciate that you fall into the third category. Your help was a gift. Thank you.
- I wanted to thank you for the help you gave us recently, but nothing I said felt like enough. You were so generous with your time and energy that I can’t find the right words to express how much I appreciate you adequately. So please know that you have my undying gratitude, and I’ll be spending the foreseeable future trying to express my thanks properly.
- Thanks so much for giving us a hand yesterday. You’ve always been so willing to render aid when needed. The world needs more generous people like you, and we’d all be better off if more people we so willing to lend a helping hand. Thanks for being you! Roses are red; violets are blue. You did us a solid, and we want to thank you.
- Roses are red, daisies are yellow. In case you don’t hear it enough, you’re a wonderful fellow. Roses are red, bat orchids are black. We can’t express how nice it is that you have our back.
- “Just ask him,” she said. “I’m sure he’ll be willing to lend a hand.” So I did, even though I have a hard time asking for help. And sure enough, you jumped at the chance to pitch in. But that’s the kind of person you are. I thank you for what you did and apologize that I didn’t trust that you’d be happy to help.
- You deserve enormous thanks for the help you gave us last week. You're not unlike a pizza, cut from the sweetened dough of humility, slathered in the marinara of truth, tempered by the mozzarella of experience, and fired in the unforgiving kiln of human interaction. We love pizza, and we love you. You’re special to us, and we want you to know it.
- It was great getting to see you yesterday. I’m heartened that even though we haven’t spoken in over a year, you were still ready to help when we needed it most. Friends like you make us realize that we have some pretty amazing people in our lives. Hopefully, we can take this opportunity to get together more frequently.
- Sometimes I think we forget to let the people we love know just how much they mean to us. Your help is the perfect opportunity to catch up with you. We’re extremely grateful for the help!
- I never doubted for a moment that you’d give us a hand when I asked. That’s the kind of person you are. You’re generous, kind, and place more value on others’ wellbeing than your own. You’re truly a gem, and we thank you for it.
- I don’t know how we can thank you enough for your help. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU…nope, still not enough. There aren’t any words for the gratitude we feel but thank you anyway!