No Products in the Cart
12 Birth Announcement Ideas | Cards and Wording Ideas Included
The birth of a new baby is one of the most exciting events that can happen in your life. To share this joy with loved ones, many people choose to announce the arrival of their newborn with a birth announcement letter or card. However, finding the right words to tell everyone about such an incredible time of your life can be challenging, especially when there's so much to say. So, how do you create a birth announcement that genuinely reflects the excitement you feel?
In this post, we'll include 12 different ideas for announcements, along with helpful wording suggestions so that you can send out the perfect birth announcement for your new bundle of joy.
Do I Have To Send A Birth Announcement?
What Information Should I Include In My Birth Announcement?
When creating a birth announcement, there are several critical pieces of information that you'll want to include. Below is a list of what you might like to share:
Most birth announcements include a photo of your newborn. This might be from the actual hospital or a few days after when you've brought your new bundle of joy home and settled in. However, some birth announcements don't need to include a picture if you don't want to show a picture of your baby's face.
Baby's Full Name
Be sure to include your baby's full name in the announcement. This will help everyone know who the newest addition to your family is.
Best Cheap Baby Invitations Done for You
Including your baby's date of birth is another essential detail that should be included in an announcement. It helps friends and family mark the occasion and celebrate with you on the day your little one arrives.
Weight and Length
It's nice to include your baby's weight and length in the announcement so loved ones will know how big he or she is.
While this might seem obvious, make sure to include the parents' names on the birth announcement. This will help friends and family know who is welcoming a new addition to their family.
Additional Personal Information
Besides the standard information we listed above, you might want to include additional personal information about your newborn, such as how you're doing, updates on the baby, or any other special message you want everyone to know. This is not necessary, but it can be a nice touch to make your announcement more personal.
12 Birth Announcement Ideas
1) Barbara and John Smith are excited to announce the birth of James Madison Smith on December 16th, 2021, weighing 7 pounds, 6 ounces.
2) Our little bundle of joy has finally arrived in the world. Barbara and John Smith, along with big brother James are excited to officially welcome little Madison Smith into the world. She was born on June 6th, 2021, weighing 7 pounds, 6 ounces.
3) Introducing Madison Smith to the world. She was born on June 6th, 2021, at 10:40 pm, 7 pounds, 6 ounces, 22 inches. With love, Barbara and John.
4) Our gift from god, Madison Smith, was officially born on June 6th, 2021, at 10:40 pm. We're excited to be your parents! Love, Barbara, and John.
5) Please join us in welcoming James Smith to the world! He was born on December 16th, 2021, at 12:34 pm. Weighing in at a healthy (and adorable) seven pounds, six ounces.
6) We're excited to add a new member to our zoo pack. James Smith was born on December 16th, 2020, at 12:34 pm. Proud parents, Barbara and John.
7) Twinkle, twinkle little star. Our little star, now here you are. Our baby is finally here! Madison Smith was born on June 6th, 2021.
8) Welcoming our sweet new baby boy into the world, James Smith. He has officially joined the family on June 6th, 2021, at 12:34 pm.
9) "Children are a gift of the lord" Psalm 127:3. We've been completely blessed with our new bundle of joy. Welcome Madison Smith into the world. 7lbs. 5oz. She was born on June 6th, 2021.
10) Please join us in giving our new baby boy into the world. Welcome, James Smith. We love you so much! He was born on July 6th, 2021, at 12:34 pm. Love, Barbara, and John.
11) Proud parents Barbara and John announce the birth of their daughter. Our little miracle, Madison Smith, was born on June 6th at exactly ten forty PM. Weighing seven pounds and six ounces, she measured twenty-two inches long.
12) Our last child, James Madison Smith, is finally here! He came into this world on December 16th, 2021, at 12:34 pm, weighing in at a healthy and perfect weight of seven pounds, six ounces! We are so blessed to have him as our newest addition. Thank you for all your prayers during this time!
10 Ways to Sign a Card "With Love"
Finding The Right Card For Your Announcement
When choosing the right card for your birth announcement, there are a few things you'll want to keep in mind. The first is that your card should reflect your personal style and the overall tone of your announcement.
If you're going for a more formal announcement, then a traditional greeting card is probably the way to go. However, if you want to make it completely unique, you'll want to consider customizing your own card with a graphic or image of your precious newborn. Whichever you choose, make sure you use Simply Noted to get automated, handwritten cards that are as easy to send as an email and as convincing as the real thing!
You only get one shot at making the right impression when it comes to birth announcements. So make sure that your announcement reflects how particular this time of your life is by choosing a card with words and phrases that are just as special! By following our tips and advice, you're sure to create a birth announcement that will be remembered by all who see it.