No Products in the Cart
12 Birth Announcement Ideas | Cards and Wording Ideas Included
Birth Announcement Ideas That Grab Eyes
The birth of a new baby is one of the most exciting events that can happen in your life. To share this joy with loved ones, many people choose to announce the arrival of their newborn with a birth announcement letter or card. However, finding the right words to tell everyone about such an incredible time of your life can be challenging, especially when there's so much to say. So, how do you create a baby announcement that genuinely reflects the excitement you feel?
In this post, we'll include 12 different ideas for announcements, along with helpful wording suggestions so that you can send out the perfect birth announcement wording for your new bundle of joy.
Do I Have To Send A Birth Announcement?
What Information Should I Include In My Birth Announcement?
When sending birth announcements, there are several critical pieces of information that you'll want to include. Below are birth announcement tips of things you might like to share.
Most birth announcements include a photo of your newborn. This might be from the actual hospital or a few days after when you've brought your new bundle of joy home and settled in. However, some birth announcements don't need to include a picture if you don't want to show a picture of your baby's face.
Baby's Full Name
Be sure to include your baby's full name in the announcement. This will help everyone know who the newest addition to your family is.
Best Cheap Baby Invitations Done for You
Including your baby's birth date is another essential detail that should be included in an announcement. It helps friends and family mark the occasion and celebrate with you on the day your little one arrives.
Weight and Length
It's nice to include your baby's weight and length in the announcement so loved ones will know how big he or she is.
While this might seem obvious, make sure to include the parents' names on the birth announcement. This will help friends and family know who is welcoming a new addition to their family.
Additional Personal Information
Besides the standard information we listed above, you might want to include additional personal information about your newborn, such as how you're doing, updates on the baby, or any other special message you want everyone to know. This is not necessary, but it can be a nice touch to make your announcement more personal.
12 Birth Announcement Ideas
Whether you're looking for baby boy announcement wording, baby girl wording, ungendered announcements, funny birth announcement wording, or just general birth announcement wording ideas, check below.
1) Barbara and John Smith are excited to announce the birth of James Madison Smith on December 16th, 2021, weighing 7 pounds, 6 ounces.
2) Our little bundle of joy has finally arrived in the world. Barbara and John Smith, along with big brother James are excited to officially welcome little Madison Smith into the world. She was born on June 6th, 2021, weighing 7 pounds, 6 ounces.
3) Introducing Madison Smith to the world. She was born on June 6th, 2021, at 10:40 pm, 7 pounds, 6 ounces, 22 inches. With love, Barbara and John.
4) Our good and perfect gift from god, Madison Smith, was officially born on June 6th, 2021, at 10:40 pm. We're excited to be your parents! Love, Barbara, and John.
5) Please join us in welcoming James Smith to the world! He was born on December 16th, 2021, at 12:34 pm. Weighing in at a healthy (and adorable) seven pounds, six ounces.
6) We're excited to add a new member to our zoo pack. James Smith was born on December 16th, 2020, at 12:34 pm. Proud parents, Barbara and John.
7) Twinkle, twinkle little star. Our little star, now here you are. Our baby girl is finally here! Madison Smith was born on June 6th, 2021.
8) Welcoming our sweet new baby boy into the world, James Smith. He has officially joined the family on June 6th, 2021, at 12:34 pm.
9) "Children are a gift of the lord" Psalm 127:3. We've been completely blessed with our new bundle of joy. Welcome Madison Smith into the world. 7lbs. 5oz. She was born on June 6th, 2021.
10) TWIN BIRTH ANNOUNCEMENT: Please join us in bringing our new twin baby boys into the world. It's twice the joy! Welcome, James Smith and William Smith. We love you so much! He was born on July 6th, 2021, at 12:34 pm. Love, Barbara, and John.
11) Proud parents Barbara and John announce the birth of their daughter. Our little miracle, Madison Smith, was born on June 6th at exactly ten forty PM. Weighing seven pounds and six ounces, she measured twenty-two inches long.
12) Our last child, James Madison Smith, is finally here! He came into this world on December 16th, 2021, at 12:34 pm, weighing in at a healthy and perfect weight of seven pounds, six ounces! We are so blessed to have him as our newest addition. Thank you for all your prayers during this time!
10 Ways to Sign a Card "With Love"
Funny Birth Announcement Ideas
When searching for baby boy announcement ideas or baby girl announcement ideas, you don't need to be serious. You can try unique birth announcements that lean on humor. This is a great way to share the love with those that care about you. Here are some birth announcement ideas that will make your recipients chuckle.
1) Allison, our little princess has arrived! And now she officially rules the roost. She was born on June 6th, 2021, at 10:40 pm. Weighing in at a healthy 7 pounds, 6 ounces.
2) It's a bird! It's a plane. It's Ally! Our little superhero has arrived! She was born on December 16th, 2020, at 12:34 pm. Weighing in at a healthy (and adorable) seven pounds, six ounces.
3) We did it! We made a human! After years of trying, we are pleased to announce the birth of our beautiful baby boy, Johnathan Michael. We weren't sure if we had it in us, but he made sure we did!
4) After what felt like an eternity, our little bundle of joy has finally blessed us with his presence. Once he turns one, he can pay his Mommy for the back rent. Please join us in welcoming James Smith to the world! He was born on December 16th, 2020, at 12:34 pm. Weighing in at a healthy (and adorable) seven pounds, six ounces.
5) We are so excited to introduce our newest addition to the family! Please meet Madison! He was born on August 14th at 6:02 PM. He likes drinking milk, spitting it up, and long walks nowhere because he's completely immobile. Welcome, Justin Daniel to the planet!
6) Our sweet new baby boy, James Smith, has finally arrived! He was born on July 6th, 2021, at 12:34 pm. Weighing in at a healthy 7 pounds, 6 ounces. We are so blessed to have him as our newest addition. He requests cash if possible.
Birth Announcement Idea: Use Well-Known Quotes
Whether you've had a bouncing baby boy, you're tickled pink over a darling daughter (or whatever the baby's gender), you can use famous quotes to announce the arrival of your newborn baby. The right quote can make an adorable announcement.
1) "Babies are a gift from heaven." – Anonymous — Please welcome our own gift from heaven, little Jamison Baxter, born to us July 15th at 3:42 AM, weighing a hefty 7 lbs, 10 oz! We're so happy our gift has arrived.
2) "The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never." – Rajneesh — Little Janey Rose has finally made us parents! We're so happy to announce her arrival. She came into the world at 1:15 on April 10, clocking in at 6 lbs, 7 oz. Before, there was no family; one now exists!
3) "A baby is an inestimable blessing, and the parents are its appointed guardians." – Margaret Sanger — And we're delighted to have the responsibility. Our little ray of sunshine has finally broken the clouds and we can't wait to care for her! Little Lila Rose arrived with a smile (and a cry) at 4:34 this morning. She weighs 7 lbs, 4 oz, and is easily the sweetest thing we've ever seen!
4) "A new baby is like the beginning of all things – wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities." - Eda Leshan — The world shines with new light because Ida May has entered, and the possibilities are endless! We're so excited to announce the arrival of Barry Joseph. We're can't wait for you to meet him!
5) "Babies are always more trouble than you thought — and more wonderful." – Charles M. Schulz — And our world has been turned upside down in the best way possible! Our little one has made his or her presence known, and we couldn't be happier.
6) "There is no finer investment for any community than putting milk into babies." - Winston Churchill — We couldn't agree more! Our newest community member has arrived, and we're so excited to introduce him or her to you all. Please meet our little bundle of joy, (name), born at (time) on (date).
7) "The greatest gift that parents can give their children is unconditional love." - Joy Meadows — We feel so lucky that our love has been given the chance to grow in such a wonderful way. Please join us in welcoming our new baby, (name), born at (time) on (date)!
8) "Having my baby fall asleep in my arms takes away all of my worries and stresses. A sense of complete and total peace comes over me." - Maria Jose Ovalle — We're so grateful for the peace our new baby has brought us. Please join us in welcoming (name), born at (time) on (date).
9) "There is no greater joy than holding your bundle of joy in your arms for the first time and realizing the love you have for that child is like no other love you have ever known." - Unknown — We feel so blessed to have experienced this amazing feeling and we can't wait to share it with all of you. Please welcome our new baby, (name), born at (time) on (date).
10) "Having a baby is one of the most wonderful gifts life can give you." - Unknown — We feel so lucky to have been given this gift, and we can't wait to share it with all of you. Please join us in welcoming our new baby, (name), born at (time) on (date).
Finding The Right Card For Your Announcement
When choosing the right card for your birth announcement, there are a few things you'll want to keep in mind. The first is that your card should reflect your personal style and the overall tone of your announcement.
If you're going for a more formal announcement, then a traditional greeting card is probably the way to go. However, if you want to make it completely unique, maybe a funny birth announcement, you'll want to consider customizing your own card with a graphic or image of your precious newborn. Whichever you choose, make sure you use Simply Noted to get automated, handwritten cards that are as easy to send as an email and as convincing as the real thing!
You only get one shot at making the right impression when it comes to your baby's birth announcements. So make sure that your announcement reflects how particular this time of your life is by choosing a card with baby announcement wording that's just as special! By following our tips and advice, you're sure to create a baby's birth announcement that will be remembered by all who see it.