No Products in the Cart
15 Best Ways to Say "Thank You for Being a Friend"
How to Say Thank You to a Friend
Having great friends is one of the many joys in life. Your friends are always there for you, from listening to your rants, giving you advice, having fun times together to being there when times get tough or when life gets messy. A useful friend synonym might be "confidante". If you have a few friends that fill this role in your life, you might have considered sending them a message to let them know how much they mean to you.
However, finding the right words to say can feel tricky. How do you explain your emotions on paper? It's not like you're saying thank you to your boss. This mean something! How do you let someone know how much you care about them? What's the best way to show appreciation letter to a friend? In this article, we'll cover a few ideas on the 15 best ways to say "Thank You For Being A Friend." Write an appreciation message that really connects.
SEE ALSO: National Send a Card to a Friend Day
Why Should I Tell My Friend I'm Thankful For Our Friendship?
Writing thank you messages for friends is one of the nicest things that you can do. It shows them how much they mean to you and tells them what their friendship means to you. It can make both of your feel happier to send an "appreciating-a-friend" message. If it's true friendship, you should let them know what they mean to you.
There are no rules when it comes to telling your friend just how grateful you are for having them in your life. Still, there are some great times throughout the year when sending a card, letter, e-mail, or even Facebook message could be appropriate, such as birthdays, holidays, anniversaries, graduations, promotions, or weddings. However, you aren't limited to special days to send appreciation messages. You can send good friends a thank you note and appreciation message any day of the year! Send a gratitude letter to friend (or foe) today!
Best Surprise Birthday Ideas for Friends
15 Ways To Tell Your Friend "Thank You"
Try the thankful quotes for friends, whether a birthday letter for a best friend or just a chum. Use them as-is or as a jumping off point for your own ideas. Sending your gratitude is a great way to make a good friend an even better friend and acknowledge their role in your life.. Try them with your next appreciation post. Express recognition so that your recipient really gets it.
1) I'm so thankful for this friendship. The advice cards you used to send me meant so much. There's nothing more in the world that I appreciate than you being here for me through all the ups and downs in life.
2) You have always been there for me unconditionally. It's been a tough journey, but you're my inspiration. You are the one that I can go to when everything else seems hard or impossible in my life. Thank you for being here, friend!
3) Thanks so much for always being around. It's a comment on how much we mean to each other. I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful friend who knows what I'm thinking without having to say a single word. I'm thankful to have you as a friend in my life!
4) Thanks for all of the laughs, advice, and sweet (and naughty) memories throughout time. You are indeed a fantastic friend in my life who brings me happiness when I'm down. When I see you it's a sign that my life is back in control.
5) I'm so thankful to have you as a dear friend and confidant in my life! I love our awesome and crazy friendship. Remember that grad party where you took care of me all night? Throughout our friendship, you've provided me with so many unforgettable memories. Thanks for always being here for me!
6) I always hoped to have a friend like you. I can't account for why you like me so much, but I'm so thankful that you are in my life, and I appreciate all of our time together.
7) True friends are there through the ups and downs, supporting each other through hard times and good times. Having you as my friend is one of the best things that could ever happen to me. Thank you for accepting me just as I am. You're genuinely one of the best friends I've ever had, and only you would understand that!
8) Thank you so much for the thoughtful and generous gift. You're such a sweet friend. You are a wonderful person and friend. I'm so thankful to have you in my life!
9) I'm so lucky to have you in my life, friend. Recently I realized this. You deserve all of the happiness in the world. Thanks for being such a fantastic friend to me!
10) I am truly blessed that we get to be friends. You're one-of-a-kind, and I appreciate everything about you You're kind of a big deal in my book. Thank you for being a true friend, and God bless you.
11) Whenever life gets hard, and I don't know where to turn, I feel so thankful that I always have your shoulder to lean on. I love your funny ways and I couldn't ask for a better friendship than yours. I'm so glad you're in my life and thanks for all that you do! I know we'll be friends forever.
12) In case I haven't mentioned how important you are to me lately, my life would not be as great without your support and love lifting me up. Best friends listen first and foremost, and that's you. Thanks for always being a kindly friend.
13) I appreciate you always speaking your truth and telling me things I don't want to hear but need to hear. It may not be a pleasure to hear, but it's always helpful. You're a great friend, and I am thankful for your friendship.
14) You're such an amazing friend. You are the greatest friend that I could ever ask for. You mean so much to me, even though I might not tell you every day. But I know what your response would be! I love you, friend!
15) You have been a great friend to me, and I appreciate you more than anything. I know it's hard to communicate instead of holding things in, but I'm thankful that you're always willing to tell me the truth. Forever grateful for your friendship!
Three Ways To Make Your Note Stand Out
Before choosing what you want to say, you might want to consider how to make your not a little extra special for your friend. Here are three ways to make your note stand out.
Send A Handwritten Note
One way to personalize your "Thank for you being a friend" card is to simply write it out. An e-mail or text can feel impersonal, but a handwritten card can help you stand out from the rest. If you're looking for a company that can help send handwritten letters, turn to Simply Noted. Sending supporting quotes for friend and family makes everyone around you feel appreciated.
We can automate all of your handwritten communications. Our handwriting robots are unparalleled in their ability to produce convincing penmanship. If you send a lot of handwritten cards, and you should, we can help. And remember to send your thank you card on time!
35 Ways to End a Friendly Letter
Attach A Thoughtful Gift
Another way to make your thank you card stand out is by attaching it to a thoughtful gift. You can get creative and send your friend their favorite candy, a bouquet, a care package, or even a gift card to their go-to dining establishment. While it doesn't have to be huge, these thoughtful little gestures can make your friend feel super special! A thoughtful gift makes a nice complement to a thoughtful thank you note. You don't need party supplies if the party's in your card.
Speak From The Heart
Worried that your writing is repetitive? Don't use common words. Instead of "amazing" use an amazing synonym like "stellar." But really, you don't need to worry about what you say as long as you say what's true for you. This way to make your thank you card special is by speaking from the heart. It's the best way to generate an emotional thank you message. No matter what, it's always best to say something that comes directly from how you feel instead of reading a generic template or phrase online. Keep your friends sayings short and to the point. Better to use your own words instead of repeating friend appreciation quotes from others. Let them know why they are important and memorable in your life! Remember that the opening, middle and letter closing you choose all matter!
Not Sure the Best Way to Sign That Handwritten Card? Here’s Advice for Every Occasion!
Tell Them You Love Them, But They Probably Already Know
If you want to tell your friend that you care, send them a thank you card! We hope that this blog post has helped inspire your next note, and we wish you the best of luck in writing it. And if you need help with the end of your thank you card, we can help.